Competences and responsibilities
Technical University of Košice (TUKE) consistently applies quality assurance policies in its strategic management. TUKE has assumed primary responsibility for the quality of education provided at all its units, at all levels and in all aspects.
Quality assurance at TUKE level is coordinated by the Accreditation Council of TUKE (AR TUKE) and the Accreditation Commission of TUKE (AK TUKE). The independence and comprehensiveness of quality assurance is underlined by the representation of students in both bodies and the representation of external stakeholders in the AK TUKE.
The Accreditation Council of TUKE is an advisory body of the Rector, whose mission is to coordinate the sequence of steps in the development and subsequent implementation of the internal quality assurance system of higher education at the Technical University of Košice.
The Accreditation Commission of TUKE is an independent body which, in accordance with the formalised processes of the internal quality assurance system of higher education at TUKE, impartially, objectively, professionally, transparently and fairly approves the accreditation of study programmes in those fields of study and at the levels of higher education at TUKE in which TUKE has been authorised to establish, implement and modify study programmes on the basis of the decision of the Slovak Accreditation Agency for Higher Education.
The quality of study programmes is guaranteed by the Study Programme Councils and Faculty Branch Committees (or the University Branch Committee).
The Study Programme Council consists of:
- the person responsible for the study programme, who is its chairperson;
- four teachers providing profile courses in the programme of study;
- one student representative for each level of education in which the programme of study is carried out, for programmes of study which are linked in content;
- three consultants as representatives of external stakeholders or alumni of the programme of study who are not members of the academic community of the holder of the authorisation and who are not full members of the Study Programme Council.
The following are involved in the process of quality assurance and verification of higher education at TUKE:
|Quality Verification||Quality Assurance|
- TUKE Long-term strategic plan
- Statute of TUKE
- Internal Quality Assurance System of Higher Education at TUKE
- Organisational Directive Education H1
- Principles of organization, evaluation and termination of doctoral studies and principles of establishment of doctoral study committees at TUKE
- Regulations (rules and procedures) for Habilitation and Inauguration proceedings at TUKE
- TUKE Quality Policy
- Quality objectives of TUKE
- TUKE Quality Manual
- Code of Conduct
- TUKE Disciplinary Regulations for Students
- Internal documents of the TUKE Quality Management System
Responsibilities for quality assurance at TUKE are defined according to: