|Management positions at the Technical University of Košice:
|Head of the Department of Environment and Process Control, SjF TUKE
|Appointed Head of the Department of Environment and Process Control, SjF TUKE
|Head of the Environmental Engineering Division, Department of Environment and Process Control, SjF TUKE
engineering, environmental engineering research and development, environmental quality, environmental protection techniques, physical objectification of environmental factors, acoustics and vibration, electromagnetic fields. Sound fields visualization. Proposal to reduce negative impacts on the environment.
Main activities and responsibility:
professor, 1st and 2nd level guarantor of the study programme Management of Technical and Environmental Risks in Engineering.
lecturer and guarantor of profiling courses in the study programme Environment Protection Techniques and Management of Technical and Environmental Risks in Engineering, evaluator of acoustic, vibration and emission studies, reviews and plans for Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), project preparations for reducing the impact of negative environmental factors on practice, domestic and international science and research project coordinator and investigator.
Certificates of professional competence:
- OODD/7742/2010 – issued according to sections 15 and 16 of Act No. 355/2007 Collection of Laws on protection, support and development of public health and amendment of certain acts as amended - professional competence to perform noise measurements,
- OLP/4088/2007 issued according to section 5 part 6 letter k of Act No. 126/2006 Collection of Laws - professional competence certificate for measuring vibration in living and working environment,
- OODD/7834/2010 – issued according to sections 15 and 16 of Act No. 355/2007 Collection of Laws on protection, support and development of public health and supplement of certain acts as amended - professional competence for the evaluation of health risks from environment - noise and vibrations,
- OOD/7449/2015 – issued according to sections 15 and 16 of Act No. 355/2007 Collection of Laws on protection, support and development of public health and amendment of certain acts as amended, professional competence for the evaluation of health risks from environment - electromagnetic fields,
- 587/2013/OEP – certificate of professional competence for the purposes of assessing the environmental impact according to section 61 part 8 of Act No. 24/2006 Coll. in the field of technology, noise and vibration and in the area of construction for engineering production,
- Slovak National Accreditation Service (SNAS) referee for accreditation of test laboratories.
Summary of activities:
Author and co-author of several monographs and textbooks, numerous scientific and professional articles published in national and international journals and presented at conferences. Coordinator and investigator of numerous grant and institutional projects, Slovak Research and Development Agency (SRDA) projects, industry cooperation projects. Principal investigator of dozen economic agreements with industry, addressing the major issues of objectification of environmental factors and proposing measures to eliminate the negative impact of industrial and traffic constructions on environment and humans. In practice, principal investigator for dozens of projects of which the most important are: Strategic noise map for city of Košice, noise study for reconstruction of the tram line in Košice, "Noise study for the Krompachy Poprad railway line reconstruction project," several studies for SPP a.s. gas supplier company , noise map projects for power plant EVO Vojany, Mondi SCP a.s. company in Ružomberok, noise and emission studies for road construction and reconstruction projects, industrial plants, power plant projects (Power plant Strážske, Energy source Bočiar), highway construction monitoring and others.
Organizer of yearly conference Environmental Quality Evaluation (since 2009), head of the accredited laboratory for objectification of environmental factors, currently chairman of the Slovak Acoustical Society, as of 2010 issuer of national journal Physical Environmental Factors, since 2013 the SNAS reviewer, from 2012 noise and vibration reviewer in the frame of EIA assessment, since 2013 conference Shock and Vibration expert guarantor.
Knowledge of foreign languages: