The Technical University of Košice (hereinafter referred to as “TUKE”), pursuant to Section 10 (5) of Act No. 131/2002 Coll. on universities and on the amendment of certain laws as amended (hereinafter referred to as the “Law on Universities”), the TUKE Statute and the Principles of the Election of a Candidate for Rector and the Principles of the Election of a Candidate for Rector and Acceptance of the Proposal for Removal of Rector of TUKE, announces the election of a candidate for Rector of TUKE for the term of office from 16 August 2023 to 15 August 2027.
The election of a candidate for Rector of TUKE will take place at a joint election assembly consisting of all members of the TUKE Academic Senate and all members of the TUKE Board of Directors.
TUKE announces that the election assembly will take place:
Date: 15 May 2023 Venue: Aula Maxima, Letná 1/9, 042 00 Košice-Sever.
The time period for submitting proposals for the TUKE Rector candidates is set from 2 January 2023 to 17 April 2023.
The proposal with annexes shall be submitted to the Chairman of the TUKE Academic Senate at the address:
Technical University of Košice
Chairman of the TUKE Academic Senate
042 00 Košice-Sever
by Slovak Post or through the university Filing Office, with a marking „Voľby kandidáta na rektora TUKE“ (“TUKE Rector Candidate Election”) by 17 April 2023, 12:00 p.m.
Proposals are submitted in accordance with the internal regulation Section 3 (4) letter a) of the Principles of Election of a Candidate for Rector and Acceptance of the Proposal for Removal of Rector of TUKE.
A. Data regarding the proposed candidate for Rector:
- name, surname, titles of the proposed candidate, scientific rank,
- age, address for delivery of documents, email, tel. number of the proposed candidate,
- Certificate of Good Conduct, not older than three months,
- place and date of submission of the proposal and handwritten signature of the proposer.
B. The following hand-signed documents must be submitted as a mandatory annex to the proposal:
- structured professional curriculum vitae of the proposed candidate showing the facts stated in Section 10 (6) of the Act on Higher Education,
- programme theses with a proposal for the TUKE development strategy, not exceeding three standard pages,
- written declaration of the proposed candidate that they agree with the candidacy,
- consent of the proposed candidate to the processing and publication of their personal data for the purpose of candidacy for Rector of TUKE, in particular the structured curriculum vitae and the programme theses:
“By my signature, I confirm that I agree with my candidacy for Rector of the Technical University of Košice for the term of office from 16 August 2023 to 15 August 2027. At the same time, I agree to the publication of my professional curriculum vitae and programme theses.”
An incomplete proposal, a proposal that does not contain all the required annexes in terms of this declaration, will not be accepted.
In Košice, 7 November 2022
Dr. h. c prof. h.c prof. Ing. Stanislav Kmeť, DrSc.