At the TUKE Scientific Council held on 11 February 2022, the Rector Dr. h.c prof. h.c prof. Ing. Stanislav Kmeť, DrSc. in the presence of members of the TUKE Scientific Council, handed over appreciation letters and diplomas to the awarded.
Appreciation letters were granted for:
- The award in the Scientist of the Year 2020 of Slovakia competition in the “Personality of International Cooperation” category was handed over to Dr. h.c prof. Ing. Michal Cehlár, PhD., the Dean of the Faculty of Mining, Ecology, Process Control and Geotechnologies TUKE.
- The ESET Science Award 2021 in the “Outstanding University Teacher” category was handed over to Dr.h.c. mult. prof. Ing. Jozef Zajac, CSc., the Dean of the Faculty of Manufacturing Technologies TUKE with its seat in Prešov.
Awarding diplomas in the competition:
1. The Rector's Award TUKE 2021
- The Rector's Award “TUKE Scientist of 2021” was granted to prof. Ing. Tomáš Brestovič, PhD., from the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering TUKE.
- The Rector's Award “TUKE Scientist under 35 of 2021” was granted to Ing. Jozef Švajlenka, PhD., MBA, ING. PAED. IGIP from the Faculty of Civil Engineering TUKE.
- The Rector's Award for publishing activities in the “Scientific Article” category published in 2021 was granted to an article by doc. Ing. Ivan Virgala, PhD., from the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering TUKE and the team of authors.
2. Competition for the Best Doctoral Thesis at TUKE 2021
- From the scientific point of view, the following were awarded: Ing. Dagmara Varcholová from the Faculty of Materials, Metallurgy and Recycling TUKE and Ing. Viera Maslej Krešňáková from the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Informatics TUKE.
- From the presentation point of view, the following were awarded: Ing. Pavol Jaroš from the Faculty of Civil Engineering (absent from the TUKE Scientific Council) and Mgr. art. Samuel Velebný from the Faculty of Arts TUKE.