On March14, 2022, the Technical University of Košice signed the Cooperation Memorandum with the Chi3, o.z. civic association. The Technical University was represented by the Rector prof. Stanislav Kmeť and Vice-Rector for Education prof. Ervin Lumnitzer. The Chi3, civic association was represented by Milan Antol and Igor Timko.
The Memorandum was concluded on the basis of the Chi3, civic association initiative associated with the intention of restoring and restarting the activities of the former “Družba Cinema” in Košice and its surroundings, as well as other activities listed in the subject of the Memorandum.
The subject of the Memorandum is a cooperation, particularly in the following areas:
- implementation of mutually beneficial projects in the area of partners' interaction,
- exchange of mutual experience in the field of partner interaction,
- mutual provision of information for popularisation, cultural-educational and scientific-research purposes,
- advice and professional assurance in the provision and data evaluation of a professional and scientific-research nature,
- creating a creative platform for processing students' semester and final works,
- in the implementation of joint projects.
The memorandum is an expression of the declaration of a mutual cooperation and support of the Chi3 intention, by using the knowledge and experience of both parties in the education and training of students in the field of construction, in research and professional cooperation, furthermore, applying the cooperation results and meeting the objectives in accordance with the TUKE and Chi3, o. z. mission. The Memorandum participants have declared that they shall promote and effectively develop mutual cooperation in the areas mentioned in the subject of this document.