On Tuesday, December 3, 2019 in Tabačka Kulturfabrik, Košice, the third year of the kick-off conference "Východ nie je EXIT" /The East is Not EXIT/ took place with an initiative of the same name that intends to combat the outflow of young and clever people from the region of Eastern Slovakia. The event took place under the auspices of the Technical University of Košice.
During the three panel discusions hosted by the event presenter Aneta Parišková, five Slovak and foreign speakers discussed the issues related to this current phenomenon. At the event, TUKE was represented by the Vice-Rector prof. Ervin Lumnitzer, who was a member of the so-called "Expert Board".
Panel discussion topics were:
- 30 years after the Velvet Revolution... Short looking back at the events of the November Revolution through the eyes of one of its student leaders. Speaker: Anton Popovič
- He comes from Germany but lives in Kosice where he manages the largest IT colossus in the East. How does he see life and work in the region? Speaker: Daniel Giebel
- He went to study abroad like many others but returned and now helps young people develop the necessary skills and critical thinking. Speaker: Julián Gerhart
- She is a proof that a career does not only have to be pursued from the East to the West, but that it can be the other way around. Speaker: Dorota Kenderová
- He works and is active in the field of human resources, education, labour migration, labour market, and has travelled almost the whole world. What is his message to young people? Speaker: Peter Dosedla
The conference was the initial event of the 13th International Education Fair Pro Educo 2019, which was held in the premises of Steel Arena.