On 25 June 2020, the 11th round of the startup competition "Do you have an idea? Present your startup!", which is announced twice a year since 2014 by the Rector of the Technical University of Košice, was held on the premises of the University Science Park TECHNICOM.
Startup competed for a stay at the TUKE Startup Centre, within which they complete a 6-month intensive acceleration programme aimed at supporting their development and have the opportunity to use the research and development infrastructure, capacities and premises of the USP TECHNICOM. 13 innovative projects advanced to the final of the 11th round of the competition. The jury has selected 7 projects for the pre-incubation stay in the TUKE Startup Centre:
- AIR2GO - focuses on the development of a solution for a protective face mask with an active supply of clean filtered air inside the mask, but also a solution for the supply of air without a face mask (portable air scrubber).
- MSDL - the aim is to develop a drug dosing monitoring system.
- BRUT.TO - the aim is to create an innovative professional graphic studio that uses the creative potential of people with disabilities.
- Corvest - focuses on the development of an intelligent orthosis that helps solve problems with back pain caused by incorrect posture.
- POH ROCK - the aim is to develop a solution of the so-called retention car park on the principle of circular economy.
- Prapti - focuses on innovative home drug delivery solutions.
- Hrhero - focuses on the development of an innovative information system for comprehensive support of human resources in a company.
The advancing startups have been selected by the expert committee, led by its chairman, Vice-Rector of TUKE A. Čižmár. The members of the committee were representatives of the private and public sphere: representatives of TUKE - M. Behún, M. Chovanec, F. Jakab, A. Lavrin, Ľ. Kolesár, Ľ. Biňas; P. Mirossay (Košice IT VALLEY), J. Kolesárová (SBA), P. Chlebak (FPT Slovakia) and M. Varga (T-Systems Slovakia). The 11th round of the competition was organized in close cooperation with the Slovak Business Agency (SBA) and Saab AB.